A space wedding is one of the most memorable and unique ways to celebrate your wedding. It’s a chance to bring out your creative side and to add your personality to every detail of your wedding day.
It’s also a good opportunity to be different than the other weddings in your neighborhood, and to get away from the same old, same old wedding venues that you’ve been to before! Getting married in a barn, brewery, hangar or industrial warehouse is becoming more and more popular as couples look to avoid a cookie cutter wedding and find the perfect space for their nuptials.
There are a few things to keep in mind when planning your space wedding, but if you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to having an unforgettable day!
1. Make sure you choose a space that will fit the number of guests you plan on inviting. If you aren’t sure how many people your venue can accommodate, you should visit it to get a feel for the space before booking it.
2. You should hire a professional planner for your space wedding to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch and you have a great time!
The first space wedding was 16 years ago. Yuri Malenchenko, then a cosmonaut, married Ekaterina Dmitriev, a Russian citizen, by video link. They walked down the aisle to a David Bowie song as the International Space Station rose into the sky. The ceremony was held in Texas and was a proxy marriage, which means that it was not legally registered in Russia.
Malenchenko and Dmitriev had a “celestial, soulful connection,” Dmitriev told the BBC. The couple decided to have a space wedding because Malenchenko’s time aboard the station was extended, and they wished to have the ceremony before his return to Earth.
3. If you are going to use an industrial warehouse for your wedding, consider artificial lighting to soften the hard edges.
Whether you’re using a barn, brewery or industrial warehouse for your wedding, it’s important to have artificial lighting in place so that the guests can have a great time no matter what the weather is like on your big day!
4. When planning your space wedding, you should consider how the room will be heated and cooled.
Depending on where you’re having your space wedding, it may be necessary to have a heating and air system in place. This will help your guests stay comfortable throughout the evening, no matter what the temperature is outside.
5. You should also consider what you want your guest experience to be like when they come to your event.
If you are going to use an industrial warehouse or other raw space for your wedding, it’s important to plan out the entire guest experience and be aware of how it will be affected by the natural environment. You should consider the temperature, the amount of sunlight, and how much air conditioning is needed.